Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

PCAS Impressions

I'm blogging from the Peaks Arena in lovely  Provo, UT!  My skate is this afternoon.  I thought I'd blog some general impressions and experiences...

The facility -- this is a beautiful, beautiful arena.  Twin sheets of Olympic size ice.  Very smooth, very fast ice.  The whole facility is gorgeous, and like many in UT it's owned and operated by the county here, so it's also inexpensive ($6 freestyles!).  The skaters here have it good!

Provo -- I'd been here once before but never had a chance to look around much.  It's a nice little town.  The Marriott where I'm staying is right downtown, and there are a ton of good restaurants in walking distance.  The rink is less than a mile away so it's like a 5 minute drive.  It's nice and very convenient.  The only downside is the elevation -- 4700 feet.  Most of us have noticed it's just a bit taxing.  I was fine in practice ice except that after I ran my program I was definitely out of breath and it took me a couple of minutes to get it back :-(.

The Competition -- definitely smaller than PCAS last year.  Some really good skating and it's a lot of fun to watch!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home