Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Ice Dance Class

I dropped-in to the ice dance class at Ice Den tonight.  I'd not been in 3 weeks due to travel.  Skate buddy Mary from Chandler also came and gave it a go.  We had 5 adults (3 women, 2 men) and 2 kids; we had Veronica, Don, and Tim coaching and Katie assisted as usual.

Format was pretty much the same as the last time -- we spent quality time on the Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango and Rhythm Blues, and then practiced the end pattern from the Swing Dance and also a bit of the Fiesta Tango.

I am definitely skating faster. It's kinda scary but I know I just need to keep pushing it, keep working on it.  I'm still frustrated but I do think my elements are improving a bit.

Looking forward, it looks like I should be able to make all the classes for the next session so I'm going to go ahead and sign up this weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home