Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

BI8, Serpentines, 3s To Center

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  It was moved up from the usual Wed. slot as Lynne had a blogger friend (Jaya, I think it was) who wanted to observe the patch class and my lesson as she's writing up something about school figures.

I warmed up with the Preliminary test, as usual, and then did another set of waltz-8 and some BO8 as Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • BI8 -- ugh.  Hadn't looked at these in a while in lesson, though of course I had practiced them.  They have improved somewhat since the last time Lynne saw them.  The weakest parts are probably the first push (of course) and the second half of the LBI. I worked harder today at keeping the free foot in front in the first half and not letting it pop out on the second half (it only wants to do that on the LBI, not the RBI).  It's getting better but a lonnnng way to go.
  • Serpentines -- we practiced just the change of edge for a bit before going on with these.  I actually managed to get around on the L side for once!  It had been a long time since that's happened.  Of course once I got to the RFIO it was not so great.  
  • 3s to center -- I did some really nice ones, but most of them not so great.  I do still really need to improve the check, especially on the L foot.
All in all a good lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home