Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Ice Dance Class #3-2

Ice dance class at the Ice Den... we were on a different rink today.  I can never remember the names, but it's the one on the right when you walk in.

There were 5 of us, three kids and two adults.  Tim was not teaching, just Don, Veronica and Katie. We warmed up with slaloms, swing rolls, and chassés.  Then on to the DW, CT and RB for most of the time.  The last few minutes we looked at the Swing Dance.

I've noticed that when I'm going fast (for me) I'm really not getting on a good outside edge, which is a large part of my problem.  I think it's probably fear, as my toes are kind of gripping the bottom of my boot and I can't seem to put my weight into the side of my foot for the edge.  Grrr.   Stuff to work on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home