Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Back-3s

Today was my first back-3 lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I had a few minutes to warmup.  It was awesome!  The ice was freshly zammed and beautiful and I just felt good.

Today's lesson:
  • back 2-foot turn -- Lynne suggested we start with these. I had done these a lonnnnng time ago.  Emphasis on "lifting the toes" for the turn and keeping the feet together.  It took me a while but eventually I was making some progress.  Weirdly enough the CW turn was easier/better than the CCW turn.  
  • BO3 on the wall -- Lynne had me work on these against the wall.  A little scary!  We're starting with the BO3s, the BI3s will be later apparently.  Anyway my homework is to keep working these against the wall (as well as the back 2-foot turn).
A short (it's only 20 minutes) but sweet lesson!  It felt nice to work on something new.  We'll do these every other Friday, it looks like.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home