Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Patch Practice

I skated Chandler coffee club for patch practice as usual.

This was my first time skating on the newly-redone ice on the North Pole.  It is really nice!  I was concerned since I'd heard it reported that it was a bit rough on Saturday when DISCOA had their exhibition; but apparently they've had time since then to get it finished up.  It's really nice.

I ran the Preliminary test as usual, then did BI8, 3s to center, more time on the waltz-8, and serpentines.  On the waltz-8 I drew a line where the step forward should be and worked to make myself hold the BO edge to that point.  It did help.  I've found that if I count to 4 (most people count to 3, clearly I'm just slow :-) ) for each part that seems to be about right -- i.e. 1-2-3-4-FO3-1-2-3-4-step-to-BO-1-2-3-4-pass-arms-1-2-3-4-step-forward etc.  Now if I can just do that all the time!

Serpentines and 3s to center about the same... I'm very frustrated with them right now but I'll keep plugging away.  BI8...maybe a very small amount of progress.

My patch blades are desperately in need of sharpening so I know that's not helping any.  I hope to get them sharpened on Friday when I'm at Ice Den for dance class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home