Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Ice Dance Class #3-3

Ice dance class at the Ice Den.  We were back to the back ice for class.  Freshly surfaced ice, but the Coyotes had been practicing on it right before so it was still a bit bumpy.

I got my blades sharpened right before class (I was way overdue).  As it turned out that was a pretty dumb thing to do!

We ran through warmups -- swing rolls, chassés, slaloms, etc.  I keep feeling like I don't know what I am supposed to do in these warmups.  Then we went on to work on DW, CT, RB and later a bit of the Swing Dance and Cha Cha.  Geez.  Don't think I made any really progress from last week, although I am remembering the steps on the DW and CT a lot better.  But my swing rolls still stink, my progressives are just crossovers, and I can't do that nasty cross-behind in the RB.  Bleah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home