Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines, 3s, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual, and Lynne came on the ice just as I was starting waltz-8.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- mmph.  Now that I've adopted a somewhat more methodical approach (see yesterday's practice blog) I am doing a *much* better job of placing the BO edge... so that's excellent.  The biggest challenge now is that I still need to do a much better job on the step forward so that it doesn't make my circle egg-shaped.  I'm actually somewhat encouraged because once I get this straightened out I should be in a position to actually think about a *gasp* test date.  So lots of motivation to get this last part done.
  • serpentines -- argh.  These are still sooooo frustrating.  I am still leaning out of the circle when I get ready to do the change of edge.  In frustration I tried really lifting my back hand/arm to try to really make myself stay on the FO edge when I moved the foot... it helped a bit.  
  • 3s to center -- right off the bat my RFO3 was really, really nice... so of course I couldn't do another one that nice.  Ha!  The rest were okay, but still trying to improve the check.
  • BO8 -- finished up with these. Just okay.  I need to be more consistent about my first push.
After my lesson I worked on BI8 a bit, and then some more waltz-8.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi i couldn't find a post thing but i am an 11 year old figure skater and i was wondering can you land an axle,double salchow(i can land them) and other doubles up to loop(i almost land them).also can you land a axle double loop(i did except when i landed the double loop my foot slipped and i fell.i commented on this post cuz it was the first.I have really strong jumps too!
    -Raya(the figure skating sibling)

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Hi Raya. No, I can't do an axel, nor any doubles. The jumps I can do are waltz, toe loop and salchow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home