Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated Chandler coffee club for patch practice as usual.  I got my blades sharpened on Friday so this was my first time with them newly sharp.

Warmed up with the Preliminary test, as usual, then on to 3s to center, serpentines, BI8, BO8, and finished off with some more waltz-8.  The sharpened blades made a big difference!  My 3s were much better (less skidded), and my change of edge was better too. 

BI8 were pretty stinky :-(.  On the waltz-8 I drew the lines on the ice for the final FO edge to try to make myself step around more, and while I didn't make it all the way, I had a lot of improvement.  I'll have to keep doing that, I think, until I'm getting better at it.  It's helping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home