Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waltz-8, BO8, Serpentines, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual. Lynne came on the ice as I was finishing up the Preliminary test warmup I usually do.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- the R side is looking pretty good. L side I still need to work on holding the BO edge across a bit more.  Lynne suggested it would be helpful at this point to dig out my scribe and start working on the waltz-8 from a tracing.
  • BO8 -- these are flowing really well, but we started looking at the tracing.  I'm not doing a good job.   Lynne also suggested it might be time for me to fix the free foot/leg position on the RBO :-) so that it's "pretty" and not more like "landing position"... lol.  I tried it and had some success.  I'll have to work on this more.
  • serpentines -- the change of edge is better now that I have sharper blades but we worked on crossing the axis straight (not diagonally) and trying to get a faster/more definite change of edge.  Hmmph.
  • 3s to center -- about the same.
After my lesson I worked on BI8 a bit (some small improvement!) and more waltz-8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home