Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Ice Dance Class #3-4

Tonight's ice dance class at the Ice Den.  We were on the Ice Den rink instead of the RJM (a.k.a. South) rink.  We had 3 kids and 3 adults.  Instructors were Tim and Veronica -- no Don nor Katie.

We ran through some warmups with FO swingrolls, FI swingrolls, slide chassés to swing rolls, slaloms (from the Cha Cha pattern) and BO swingrolls (eep).  Then on to the DW, CT and RB (lots of time on each of them) and just a little time at the end on the Swing Dance and Cha Cha.

I am feeling relatively comfortable with the first three dances, as in, I pretty much know the steps now; so I guess that's a positive.  I thought my FO swingrolls were slightly improved tonight and I was skating maybe a smidge faster.  Of course there's still the usual litany of things I am not doing, or not doing well, yet:

  • my progressives are just crossovers, and they are too slow
  • my swing rolls don't curve enough and are too slow
  • I can't do the RB cross-behind
Still..  a good day.  Only two classes left!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home