Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 04, 2012

Preliminary Test, 3s, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club -- I rescheduled this from Wednesday due to my work travel.  We had to start right when I got on the ice due to a schedule conflict Lynne had.

Today's lesson:
  • Preliminary test -- we worked through the Preliminary figures test first.  Edges were okay -- I'm still concerned about my BI edges but Lynne says they are acceptable.  FO8 was okay although I was a little diagonal coming back to center.  FI8 I lost my center coming back on the L foot -- just couldn't see it.  I did a reasonable job of continuing, though, and I wasn't really that far off.  Waltz-8 is doing better.  The step forward is improved on both sides (more improvement is needed).  I am tending to momentarily touch my foot down on the R side, though, just before the step forward. Grr.  It's sloppiness and I need to fix it before it becomes a habit.
  • 3s to center -- these are about the same.  I did make a little progress, though, in checking after the turn.
  • serpentines -- these were also a little improved.  The change of edge was actually better but I wasn't pushing hard enough and I was generally about a quarter-circle short on the return to center.  Grrr.
After my lesson I stayed and worked on BO8, BI8 and waltz-8 some more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home