Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Ice Dance Class #3-6

The final ice dance class (for now) at the Ice Den.  The time for this was moved up to 4:30 from the usual 5:30.  We were on the south rink.  It was just me and the 2 girls who've been there the whole time; Veronica, Don, and Katie.

We warmed up with swing rolls, progressives, etc., then moved on to work through the 6 dances for quite some time.  Don worked with me on my swing rolls and slide chassés for a while, which did help.  After that we then ran through all the dances one more time and just did them (Veronica helped me with the ones I couldn't remember).  After that we had about 10 minutes left so we worked on "fun stuff", in this case twizzles and loops (not loop jumps).  I actually made some slight progress on the RFI twizzle.  As for the loops -- I can see why they are hard.  It's really hard to do that and not wind up spinning, or doing a 3.

And with that we were done!  Hopefully they will offer this class again next year.  I did definitely learn some things.  I would like to work on dance more at some point, though when I will actually find the time (and ice time) is hard to foresee.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home