Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Operation Morning Star

So... I've been thinking for a while that I need to make a commitment to skating every morning.  I need the ice time, and I need some consistency.  So... Operation Morning Star!  Skating every morning, usually for an hour (1.5 hrs. for my lesson at Gilbert).

Day 1 went really well.  I had a pretty good skate.  I worked on spins (okay, they stank).  Some time on moves (all the Bronze moves except not really any time on 5-step).  Salchow in the context of the revised program (RFO swing roll and then into the sal) -- this got much better with practice.  A little time on BO3 (didn't manage any but didn't spend that much time).  And a bunch of time on toe loop, and waltz-toe.  Still haven't really managed one, I don't think, but I'm making progress I think.

All in all a good start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home