Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Private Ice

I did manage to get my butt to the rink this morning.  I had a pretty good skate.  I had the ice all to myself the whole time!

I did some moves to warm up, but spent almost all of my time on jumps & spins and program sections.  I worked the salchow in the program context a bunch until it was relatively comfortable.  A lot of time on waltz-toe -- not much progress there though.  Spins were kind of bleah although the last couple were better.

I ran the program once with all the "new" stuff... eeeep.  The first half was relatively okay, even got a pretty good spin at the end; the second half -- not so great.  I totally biffed the salchow (my muscle memory made me think I was doing the FO3 that's at the beginning of the program!) so I got a little confused... managed to do the footwork and waltz-toe but then got a little confused coming out of the toe into the RFI3s.  Finished up but I was probably 5 - 8 seconds late.  Overall it will be okay once I fix this stuff, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home