Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Spins & Program

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Just two skaters and two coaches for the first session, and I had the ice to myself for the second :-).

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- just a few minutes on these, no breakthroughs.
  • program -- we ran the program twice.  The first time was pretty icky, second somewhat better.  I need to practice this (esp. the 2nd half) a LOT more.  Note to self!  We also worked quite a bit on the opening 2-foot spin and position so that it would look better and be more secure.  Very helpful and I realized I can unify the opening and closing poses so that they provide a kind of theme for the program.  Nice!
After my lesson (it was long, JJ was generous w/his time) I stayed and worked more on jumps and spins and some moves.  Good stuff.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home