Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Usual Suspects

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual, and Lynne came on the ice just as I finished.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- we looked at these again, a fresh layout.  Working on holding the free foot in front on the BO edge (like any other BO edge!).  LBO is not bad, RBO I am still tending to be up on my toe a bit :-(.  Also worked on the step forward a bunch, trying to make myself really turn the soon-to-be-free foot before the push.  Grrr.
  • BI8 -- these are actually improving a lot. Circles are small but they are a lot more confident and the position is better.
  • 3s to center -- somewhat better.  The LFO3 still is uckky and I'm convinced it's mostly that the edge coming in is not that great.
  • serpentines -- ugh.   The L side is particularly bad.  I'm convinced these are worse than they used to be (they were never good) -- in particular I've not gotten all the way around in a lonnnng time.  I'm not sure why.  Grrr.
I found out yesterday that there will be a figures competition this year after all!  They are going to combine it with the Sherwood Invitational at the end of August.  Since I've usually gone to the Sherwood competition anyway this will work out nicely.... except I'll have to bring two pairs of skates!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home