Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Back-3 Block

I had my back-3 lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club today.  It's only a 20 minute lesson.

Same as last time... warm up with back 2-foot turns on the circle, then warm up BO3 at the boards, then out to the circle again to give it a try....

I could not do any today.  I don't know why.  I was a little distracted (there were some hockey boys on the session), a little out of sorts... I don't know.  Mostly the problem was I could not get my weight off the balls of my feet -- couldn't make myself lift my toes in my boots.  Argh.  Very frustrating.

After my lesson I worked on jumps and spins.  At the very end of the session one of my friends helped me with my salchow... the idea was to make myself hold the BI edge (how many times have I been told that!?) by really bending the skating leg and *pointing* the toe of the free foot.  This really helped!  I wish I'd had more time to play with it... oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home