Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club today for freestyle practice.  I had a pretty good skate; ran the free skate and the artistic once each and spent some quality time on chunks of the artistic.

The free skate runthrough was decent, the only problem was the waltz-toe -- I'm still not jumping the toe loop. :-(  The artistic was okay for now -- I skipped everything after the last spin and was still probably 8 - 10 seconds over time.  On the positive side I actually remembered all the elements and did them reasonably okay, even the salchow.  So the biggest problem right now is that I need to pick up the pace.  Cactus is in 5 weeks, but I will be out for a week so I really just have 4 weeks.  Eeep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home