Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waltz-8, BO8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club today.  Warmed up with the Preliminary test and Lynne came on the ice between the FO8 and FI8.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- pretty good
  • waltz-8 -- slightly better.  The R side is not too bad, though I fell on the 2nd RFO3 and had to restart, lol!  L side is still considerably weaker :-(
  • BO8 --  we did a couple of layouts of these; flow was really quite good but I still need to do a better job of keeping the free foot in front in the first half, I'm being very inconsistent.
  • serpentines -- we worked on both the FOI and FIO transitions, for once.  A bit better than last week but I'm still not making it the 1.5 circles :-(.  Grrr, very frustrating.
  • 3s to center -- just a couple of these at the end.  About the same as last week.  RFO3 was not bad, LFO3 not so great.
After my lesson I worked a little on BI8, then I had to leave (only 45 minutes) to get back to work to get some stuff done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home