Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines, 3s, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  It was really busy!  Lynne came on the ice as I was starting my FI8s from the Preliminary test.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 --  same issues, pretty much.  I *really* need to get my scribe back and start using it.  I'm regressing a little on the progress I made on holding the BO edge, especially on the L side.  Grrr.
  • serpentines --  not as good as yesterday :-(.  My LFO edges were really stinky, in particular, and I keep leaning out of the circle slightly when I bring my foot forward before the change of edge.  Grrr.  Not a happy camper.
  • 3s to center -- not as good as yesterday on these either.  Again, LFO edges are stinky and that's really not helping.   My flow on the RFO3 is not bad though.
  • BI8 -- these are improving (all the work I've been putting in is helping!).  The L side is still weak, especially the last few feet of the return to center.  All in all it's coming along though.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home