Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Toe Loop & Program

I had scheduled an extra lesson with JJ for this morning on the 7:30 a.m. FS to get just a little more time in.

Today's lesson:
  • program -- we ran it once and then talked about the places where I'm a bit slow.  There are several... in particular the BXOs before the spiral, and coming out of the salchow into the footwork, and then coming out of the waltz-toe into the RFI3s.  So we  ran it again and I worked on those.  Some improvement; I slowed the tempo on the BXOs down and concentrated on getting a better push, and that helped.
  • waltz-toe -- more time working on getting this fixed.  We spent some time working on it on the wall and then on the ice (I did a bunch in a row).  Immediately after my lesson JJ gave me some time to work off-ice on walking through them and I think that helped.  He wants me to consciously turn my picking foot a quarter turn after I pick in as I'm drawing the feet together.  It really helps!  It will require some effort though to get me to do this on-ice.
I only skated one session this morning as I was going to work with Holly at lunchtime and didn't want to totally wear myself out beforehand.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home