Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Choreo

I skated the Gilbert coffee club today to work on choreography with Holly.  Due to a work meeting I didn't get on the ice until 12:20, so we only had about half an hour of actual time to work.  Fortunately that was plenty!

We ran that program and I had yet another fall (not nearly as bad as last week) going into the RFO3s.  That section just really terrified me.  Holly had pity on me (lol) and decided to change that part so that I could do them slower.  So we pulled out that two swizzles after the spiral and put in a snowplow stop (w/arms) and a two foot turn (w/arms), then push into the RFO3s and continue as before.  So I am doing them a lot slower and that helps a lot.

From there we ran it two more times with music and once without, as well as going over some of the more problematic areas.  It's coming along well, but I need a lot more practice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home