Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Choreo

I skated the Gilbert adult skate today to work on choreo with Holly.   Had an okay warm-up, it took me a while to get my boot lacings straight.  Grr.  It was surprisingly crowded -- Chandler didn't have coffee club today so there were some refugees.

We worked for about half an hour on the program and I ran it 3 or 4 times, plus working out some tricky spots.  In general it's really come together.  I'm really happy with how it looks.  Holly says my biggest challenges are to skate harder/faster and push more.  There are also some spots that I just need to practice more so I can remove whatever hesitation I have.  I also got a video of Holly skating the program so if I have questions I can refer to it later.

This is the first time I've had someone other than my coach choreograph a program (heck it's only my 4th program ever!).  In general I think it worked out pretty well; I should have started considerably earlier but I think it will be fine.

In other news I had a costume fitting yesterday and it's looking good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home