Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Waltz-8, Serpentines, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual; Lynne came on the ice as I was finishing the FO8.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- a little bit wonky but okay.
  • FI8 -- nice; good tracing.
  • waltz-8 -- ugh.  I am so inconsistent on these!  When I actually count they are not that bad.  The L side is a little better; I need to take my time on the push to the BO edge that I am standing straight up and not hunched forward.
  • serpentines -- about the same.  Change of edge is a little better but I'm still anticipating it too much and leaning out of the circle right before.  We also spent some time on the FIO change -- R foot is not bad, L my upper body is totally uncontrolled!  Grrr.
  • BI8 -- these continue to slowly improve.  The weakest point is the return to center on the L foot, it's still pretty difficult.  I'm tending to rotate out of the circle as I'm coming around and it pulls me off my edge.
After my lesson I spent some time on 3s to center and BO8. All in all it's slowly getting better, but I need to work on waltz-8 a lot more I think.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home