Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Program Prep & Waltz-Toe

I had an extra lesson with JJ this morning on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, since I will be on vacation next week.  When I first got on the ice I did a 4-minute warmup and then ran the dramatic program.  It was okay.  I finished slightly late but I think within the 1:40 time.

This lesson was a lot like the last several.  We ran the free skate, it was reasonably okay other than the toe loop not happening.  We worked a bit on the salchow; JJ wants me to hold the RFO swing roll around until I'm heading for the wall so I will have something to push off of for the LFO into the salchow.

Then we worked a bunch on toe loop.  I actually did manage a couple of okay ones -- they felt halfway between the old cheated kind and what I imagine a "real" one feels like.  JJ was pretty happy.  I only managed a couple.

After my lesson I worked some more on toe loop and did a couple that were okay, several that didn't happen at all and a couple that were old-style cheated.  Grr. 

I worked a bunch more on moves for the rest of the session, ran through pretty much all the Bronze moves.   It had been a while since I'd done most of them...yow.

Another lesson tomorrow a.m., my usual day but later due to the holiday.  JJ wants to work on off-ice stuff after the session.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home