Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Toe Loop & Off-Ice

I had my regular lesson with JJ this morning -- due to the holiday it was on the 8:15 FS, not 7:30.

I did a 4-minute warmup, then ran the free skate.... actually not too bad.  I am still slightly later than I'd like getting to the first spin; and the waltz-toe is still not happening.

We spent our on-ice lesson time working on the toe loop.  I feel like I'm really close, I'm just lacking in courage :-).  JJ says for now I should really just concentrate on bring the R arm around/through and trying to stay on two feet (well, R foot and toepick) longer (be patient).  I am bringing it around and the position is right but I'm not jumping.  Grrr.  I feel so dumb.

After our ice time I took off my skates and we worked on off-ice stuff for about a half hour.  JJ has pulled some stuff from STARS (USFSA training stuff) and we went through the ones he wanted me to do.  Yow.  There's about 8 things.  Jump rope 2x ways, agility, some push-uppy things..  Actually it shouldn't take that long to do, I just need to be organized. 

I stopped at Dick's afterward and got a ladder-thing for my agility stuff.  They had some clearance-priced Reebok "cold" shirts suitable for skating on clearance -- I picked up 2 in black for $15 each :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home