Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Final Program Prep

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS this morning for my last lesson before Cactus Classic.  As has been the case this week it took me significantly longer to warm up due to my toe and feeling generally unsteady. 

I wore my new dramatic program costume.  It looks pretty spiffy!  I'm very pleased.  I ran the free skate first -- it actually went very well!  I was pleasantly surprised.  Slightly behind on the first part, but overall it went well.  Spins were quite good.  JJ and I agreed to pull the toe loop for now both due to the toe injury and also due to it being a bit weak right now.

After some debrief, I ran my dramatic program.  This was just okay.  I biffed the spin (grrrr!) and was generally a little slow, especially in the first part.  I really really need to push harder, but of course I'm not really inclined to with this injury right now. Oh well.

All in all I'm feeling relatively prepared and I think it will be okay.  I'm going to skate tomorrow at lunchtime, just for 45 minutes or so.  Then practice ice Friday at noon and skate at 2:30 p.m.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home