Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Yow!

I skated for half an hour at coffee club today.  Only a half hour, because I'm in pain...

I was traveling last week, and Sunday  7/8 I was staying at a friend's house.  I woke up early in the a.m. and went to use the restroom and whacked my L pinky toe into my suitcase, which was on the floor.

I'm pretty convinced it's broken. It's been really hurting all week.  I did my best to stay off it and to wear comfy shoes etc. but since I was traveling that was not very possible.  Needless to say the timing could not be worse :-(.  I made a doctor's appointment but I can't get in until Thursday morning, which is pretty useless.  I have the toe taped to the other toe which somewhat helps.

The good news is that I can skate.  The first 15 minutes were pretty scary, since I had been off the ice for 10 days anyway.  Getting my boot on was rather painful.  Once I was skating around it wasn't that bad, but I was pretty tentative.  I only skated half an hour since I didn't want to overdo it.  I didn't run my programs at all but I did do all my jumps (except waltz-toe).

Grrr!  This really stinks.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM , Blogger George A said...

    Ouch! Another broken bone! Take care, Gordon. I hope it mends quickly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home