Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Program & Spins

I had my regular lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.  My toe continues to slowly heal but it's still pretty painful to put my boot on.

Today's lesson:
  • program -- we ran the dramatic program.  I fell on the mohawk just before the waltz jump; got up and did my best to finish but of course I was way behind.  It was a dumb fall, I'm blaming my toe for unsettling me as all my mohawks were feeling weird.  Grr.
  • spins -- we worked on spins for a bit next.  I managed a really good 4-rev spin! Of course the next one wasn't so good.
  • crossovers -- we spent some time reviewing crossovers.  I am capable of doing really nice FXOs when I concentrate... we worked on my harder-side BXOs.  Grrr.
After my lesson JJ spent some time with me off-ice working using the "cheap" version of the spin trainer (the plastic ones).  I told JJ how I'd broken my foot while using the "good" one (metal) and he said that is because it's too easy to torque your foot on the metal one if you aren't careful.  It's harder to do on the plastic one.  Anyway we worked on it for a few minutes.  It was interesting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home