Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert: -- today we spent the whole lesson working on spins.  Unfortunately I don't feel like I made particularly great progress.  I feel like I'm really inconsistent in my spins.  JJ drew a half-circle on the ice and had me try to use it as a guide for my entrance into the spin, with somewhat indifferent results.  It was kind of frustrating, and I was tired.

After my lesson JJ spent some more time with me doing off-ice spin training for backspin.  This was actually kinda fun!  It's all about the snap.  I think I made some progress.  I'll be really glad when my toe is better and things don't hurt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home