Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I had a longer warmup than usual, so I went through the Preliminary test, then did a couple more layouts of FO8 since I'm competing those too.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- did a couple more layouts of these with Lynne.  In general they are pretty good but I really need to watch the LFO; need to velcro the R shoulder back :-) and really press into the edge so it's solid.
  • BO8 -- these are really pretty good.  I was tracing relatively well and doing a good job of returning to center.  I think the main point now is to keep my concentration up so that I do what I need to do, and it should be okay.
  • BI8 -- still pretty rough, but getting better.  I did some poor layouts, then a good one, then several poor ones and another good one.  The poor ones are mostly a matter of keeping my eye on my mark as I'm skating the circle, and remembering to get a good solid push.  Circles are still too small but I'm not going to worry about that too much at this point.
After my lesson I had about five minutes left so I did some serpentines.  They were pretty ukky.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home