Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Scribe Frustration

I skated the Chandler coffee club today for patch practice.  The North Pole at Chandler is down for maintenance (yea!  They are finally fixing it for real after the problems they had a few months ago).  Also over the weekend, apparently, they re-did the South Pole ice... it's really nice now.  Yea!

I brought my scribe with me and tried to use it to work on waltz-8.  I warmed up with edges and then went to using the scribe... but it was an exercise in frustration.  The light was too bright, there were too many marks on the ice... it was just really difficult to see. I tried to use my marker to outline but that didn't help a lot, it was really hard for me to see even to use the marker.  Grr.

Still, I did the best I could and I did manage to make some progress, I think.  I worked mostly the L side and I think I made some progress in holding the exit from the 3 and the BO edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home