Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Power-3s

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, as usual.

Now that I'm not going to be competing for a couple of months (next up is Autumn Antics, in November -- my Dramatic program again) it's back to Bronze moves.  We talked about them briefly and of course the one I'm most concerned about is power-3s, esp. the R side.  So we spent the whole lesson working on them...

I'd summarize by saying that JJ wants me to get the upper body turned into the circle more for the turn.  I also summarize by saying that what worked (better) is to approach it as if I'm doing figures, i.e. worry about the edge and body position, and turn alllll the way in.  Anyway we made some good progress.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home