Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Back-3s

My back-3 lesson with Lynne; this week we moved to Monday on the 8:15 a.m. FS at Chandler since I will be traveling later this week.  This is still just a 20 minute lesson.

I had a good warmup, then we started.  Same drill -- warmup with back 2-foot turns, then BO3s on the wall, then back out to center ice.  The RBO3 is getting slowly better though I'm still not flowing out of the turn at all; on the positive side I'm feeling more comfortable, turning my head more and not feeling scared so I think that's positive.  It's mostly now about trying to get my knee softer and do a better job of the down-up-down.  The LBO3 on the other hand... wow.  It's still a long way from happening.  I need to practice just the LBO edge in the correct body position more, because it's just not comfy and I can't get myself to move my weight back on the blade for the turn.  Not quite Vulcan death grip on the bottom of the boot (so that's progress) but just behind the ball of the foot now :-(.

After our lesson I had another 25 minutes or so to work; I spent it on bronze moves, mostly 5-step mohawk and power-3s.

This is a better environment for this lesson than coffee club, I think -- I'm a little fresher and it was not at all crowded; so Lynne and I agreed we'd move these lessons to this time slot. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home