Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Bronze Moves

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • Power-3s -- back to these.  It took me like 5 minutes to convince myself to do an RFO3.  What's up with that?  Geez.  For some reason I was just fearful.  Once we got past that we worked a bit on pattern and placement and then on getting a better back lobe -- the issue is really the step forward (what a shock, that back choctaw is a problem for me everywhere it appears).  We worked  on turning the foot to push and really getting over the skating foot.
  • 5-step mohawk -- just a little time on these, I made myself do an entire pattern (need to do more of that!) while JJ counted to 5 each time (made me laugh, actually).  I felt sooooo slooooow!  They weren't that bad except that I get up on my toe on the BO edge and, of course the step forward.  Grrr.  Okay well at least I know what I need to do.
After my lesson I stayed through the next session and at least ran the other Moves.  I'd not done the BXOs to landing position in a while... struggling to sit back on those and not scratch the toepick.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home