Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BXOs to BO Edges

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

For today's lesson we continued working on Bronze Moves, in this case the BXOs to BO edges.  We fixed some problems/questions I had with the pattern (I was starting it wrong) and then spent the bulk of our time working on sitting back on the RBO edge so it's not so scrapey.  Strangely enough the RBO is worse than the LBO.  I need to find ways to break out just that section.  Anyway we got some good work done, at least.

This issue with the BO edge is one of my "outstanding issues" that surfaces in much of my skating. When I fix this it will help me in a number of areas!  Right now it's kind of frustrating though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home