Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Power-3s

I was in Oregon today and had a lesson with Kelli at WSC on the 7:45 a.m. FS.  Fresh ice and got to see my skate buddy Kris, which was very nice :-).

We worked on power-3s the whole time.  Kelli worked with me on making the "front" lobe (lobe with the FO3) smaller/shallower -- I had known that the diagram shows it that way but I certainly wasn't doing it that way.  It was a little bit of an adjustment but it helped a lot since I was on a better edge for the turn.  Then we spent some time working on the back lobe which has definitely been an issue;  I wasn't doing a good job of pushing to the inside edge.  Kelli pointed out that there are 4 pushes on the back lobe -- push to the BI edge, then push to the other BI edge, then the crossover (or you can think of these as the 2 pushes in the crossover) and then push on the step forward.  Yow.  We spent most of our time on the LFO3 side but we did work on the RFO3 side a bit at the end.

After my lesson I worked a bit on 5-step mohawk.  The LBO edge is really weak so I spent some time just holding that.  Yow.  I need to work on them for the LBO3 also.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home