Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated Chandler coffee club for patch practice today.  Warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual; after I finished the FO8 and FI8 I scribed circles on top of the FO8, then continued with waltz-8.

Comparing the scribed circles with the FO8 tracings was both good and bad.  The good was that the circle size was roughly comparable.  The bad was that I'm still rather diagonal at the beginning of the circle; and the L side circle was noticeably smaller than the R side.  Still, not bad.

I worked on waltz-8 for about 30 or 35 minutes, and most of that just on the L side.  A good chunk of that was just working on the BO edge and step forward.  Yow.  It's so hard for me to be collected on this.  Grrr.

I finished up with 10 minutes or so on serpentines.  I finally was getting a better change of edge but not pushing hard enough.  Grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home