Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.

There were some issues with the ice (they moved us to the South Pole right at noon, but lights had not yet been turned on so there was a delay) and Lynne had to start at noon, so we skipped scribing circles and went straight to the Preliminary Test.

Today's lesson:
  • Edges -- in general Lynne was pleased with these.  There were a couple of small glitches (I wasn't warmed up) but Lynne said they weren't that obvious.
  • FO8 -- had some issues with these when I started :-( but they were better after that.
  • FI8 -- L side quite good, R side a little wonky at times.
  • Waltz-8 -- eh.  R side not too bad, I was doing a good job of holding the BO edge longer . L side still pretty weak.
  • serpentines -- we finished up with these.  I'm doing a little better on not anticipating the change of edge, but the actual change is taking too long and I'm having some upper-body control issues immediately after.  Grrr.
After my lesson I spent some time on BO8 and BI8 (hadn't looked at these in quite some time) and then some time on 3s to center also.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home