Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 05, 2012

Waltz-8 & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We started a little late due to a late ice cut.  I warmed up with edges, then drew my circles and we started.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- meh.  The first one on the R foot was pretty ucky, after that the improved a lot.  Hey, I wasn't warmed up.
  • FI8 -- again the R foot first time was pretty bad.  After that they were not bad at all.
  • Waltz-8 -- ugh.  We spent a lot of time on these, especially on the BO edge and step forward (shades of ... this morning!).  I'm focusing on trying to approach the elements (esp. the FO3 and the BO edge) just like I do any other instance of that element and not something that's somehow different just because it's in a waltz-8.    It's hard.  My brain is a strange place sometimes!
  • BO8 -- finished up with these; we'd not looked at them in a while.  I'm working on trying to have a better body position -- keeping up straight and keeping the free leg close.  Hmmph.  It's really hard.
I have a long way to go on this stuff it seems.  I keep hoping for some "magic bullet" but I'm pretty sure there isn't one, I just need to keep working.  Grr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home