Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Perseverance

I'm back from my trip, and got on the ice for an hour this morning at Chandler.  I'd not skated in a week!  It wasn't that bad though.

I spent almost all of my time on Bronze Moves, and actually ran through the entire test from beginning to end in order ... which is, I think, the first time I've done that.  Eeep! 

  • perimeter XOs -- okay, but my CW FXOs are pretty stinky w/no underpush.  Yuck.
  • power-3s -- my worst move.  the LFO3s are almost okay, RFO3s are pretty stink and I lose the axis.  I worry about these a lot.
  • BXOs to landing position -- kind of okay although I'm still up on my toe and I think I need to keep the upper body lifted more.
  • circle-8 -- you would think these would be a cinch since I work on figures, but I have a hard time getting a good enough push in my freestyle blades.  Grrr.
  • 5-step mohawk -- meh.  The pattern is okay and I'm relatively comfortable but there's no way I would pass me with my crappy hopped mohawks.
Lessons tomorrow w/both JJ and Lynne!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home