Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 05, 2012

Power-3s and Circle-8

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • Circle-8 -- we decided to look at these a bit.  I have trouble getting around -- I think it's because I have to push a lot harder in my freestyle blades than my patch blades and I'm just not compensating enough for the increased drag.  Anyway we spent some time on it and they got a little better.
  • power-3s -- just the R side.  Yuck.  We spent some time just working on the LBI edge to the step forward for the RFO3 and it did get a little better.  Grr.
Next week we are back to Wednesdays.  Autumn Antics is coming up (11/11) and we agreed that I should sign up for it.  I'll need to work on the Dramatic program since I've not really touched it since the Sherwood competition.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home