Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 08, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice.  Due to a work commitment I was running late so I only got to skate for 45 minutes.  Nice ice and only 6 skaters.

I warmed up with edges as usual, then drew my circles w/my scribe and did the FO8, FI8 and waltz-8.  I then spent all but the last 5 minutes of my skate working on waltz-8... bleah.  The FO3s are actually a bit better. I'm realizing (again) that I'm not going to be able to fix the step forward on this until I can get my weight off of my toe (further back on the blade) so that I can actually have my weight under me and turn the blade.  If I were in freestyle blades I'd just be pushing off the toepick and wouldn't notice, probably, but of course I have no toepick to push from!

Of course astute readers will realize that this is fundamentally the same issue I was working on this very morning with Lynne on the BO3!  Agh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home