Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Waltz-8, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual...  I warmed up with edges; Lynne came on the ice as I was about to start BO edges.  After the edges we took a moment for me to draw my circles with my scribe.

Today's lesson:
  • BO, BI edges -- Lynne's fairly happy with these.  I am down to 5 lobes on the BI edges so that's an improvement, and they look fairly solid.
  • FO8 -- not bad; a little wonky 'cause I wasn't warmed up but not that bad.
  • FI8 -- good. although I totally rotated the last LFI as soon as I pushed -- if I'd done that on the R foot there's no way I could have held it through the rest of the circle but I have more control on that side so it was okay.
  • waltz-8 -- we worked on these for quite a while.  They are slightly better.  I actually had one time on the L side where I held the RBO very nicely and then stepped forward onto the circle!  Unfortunately I couldn't repeat this feat :-( but it was encouraging.  The goal here it to stand up straight (don't be forward) and just turn all the way.  We'll see.
  • BI8 -- finished up with these.  I actually got alllmost all the way around on the RBI!  So that's progress since these are full-size circles.  Still having issues with the LBI, I don't push hard enough and I'm curving in about halfway around the circle :-(.
All in all a good lesson.  After my lesson I worked on serpentines for a while and feel like I made a little progress.  Again, pushing harder, and also sitting back on the FO edge and not anticipating the change of edge seem to be key.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home