Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club... I warmed up with edges, then did the FO8 and FI8, and had just gotten out my scribe when Lynne came on the ice; so I drew my circles and we went on..

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- we spent most of the lesson on these, esp. working on the BO edge and step forward.  We made some progress on holding the BO edge more firmly and accurately -- key here was to really hold the upper body and not allow any swing to get started.  That helped a lot, and I was able to make myself hold the edge until the line.  The step forward is still too much "out" though and that's a tough one.
  • BO8 -- just a few minutes on these.  When I actually remember to hold the free foot in front for a while, they are not bad.  The LBO is still markedly weaker though.  It is hard to get me to lean into the circle on these, or if I do then I lean too much and deepen the edge so that I cut into the circle.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home