Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Power-3s And Salchow

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • power-3s -- most of our lesson today... still working on the R side.  JJ had me work holding the hockey stick (in front this time at least!) to work on the back lobe, to keep over the circle.  It did help a bit.  I think we did make some small progress.  Grrr.
  • waltz jump -- just a little time on these, to continue working on having better arms and followthrough. JJ made some corrections and told me I need to hold the LFO longer.
  • salchow -- these have been really bad lately so we worked on them and actually got me to JUMP -- usually it's been more of a "step".  But I actually did jump, several times.  Yay!
I asked JJ about Autumn Antics and he agreed it would be good to do some polishing of the Dramatic program with Holly, so hopefully I can do that next week.

After my lesson I finished out the session working some more on moves and also on salchow; I did a really good (for me) salchow!  Probably my best ever -- good timing and again an actual jump!  Teri even saw it, so I have a witness.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home