Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice.  I had taken my patch skates up to Ice Den yesterday to have Dave Kimmel sharpen them and also to look at my L blade mounting.  Sure enough he pointed out that the back of my L blade wasn't sitting straight; the inside mounting was recessed into the heel a bit.  So he put a small leather shim under it, and also sharpened the blades.

I had a good skate.  It's nice to have sharp blades again.  I was a little worried the blade adjustment would mess with my LBO but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.  The LFO does feel a bit more secure though I'm not clear whether that's from the adjustment or due to having sharp blades again.  Either way I think I'll call it good for now.

I did my usual warmup with edges, then drew my circles, FO8, FI8, waltz-8.  Spent some time on BO8 and 3s to center also.  It felt good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home