Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waltz-8 & Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club, as usual. I warmed up with edges, then Lynne came on the ice as I was drawing my circles.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- first one was a little wonky (hey, I'm still warming up) but subsequent were pretty good.
  • FI8 -- good.
  • waltz-8 -- we made a little bit of progress here.  A considerable amount of time just on the RBO - step forward; I worked on really opening the hips so that helped the step forward, and then I made myself really hold the shoulder back and lean into the LFO edge as I stepped forward.  It helped.  Hopefully I can do it next time I practice :-).
  • serpentines -- these are about the same.  Lynne suggested (maybe she's said this before) to push my hips forward when/right after I push... it made me stand up straighter and get better flow.  It feels pretty weird but I'll keep working on it since it did seem to help.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home