Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Back-3s

My back-3 lesson with Lynne on the 8:15 FS at Chandler... this was postponed from yesterday.

I had a good warmup, then we started with the usual 2 foot turns forward and back on the circle followed by BO3s on the wall, and out to the circle again.  The RBO3 is coming along well.  I still am not flowing out of the turn (I'm dropping my hip and I have to put my foot down) but it's not scary and it's coming all the way around nicely.  I think I'm also leaning back into the circle a bit better.  On the other hand the LBO3 is still problematic.  I think I got my weight back a little further but I still can't make myself actually turn.  Grrr.

After my lesson I ran my Dramatic program... just okay.  I didn't finish quite on time, mostly because there were some people that got in my way :-(.  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home